PREPARING VISA DOCUMENTATION
- Get a passport valid for the whole period of the course (may take 6 weeks or more).
- Apply for a long term visa- visados de larga duración.
- Visa application form filled out and signed- solicitud de visado nacional.
- The fee (generally 60 euros) must be paid at the time of submission of the visa application and is Non-refundable even if the application is refused.
- Two photos 3×4, with white background.
- Certificate or Diploma awarded by the school you last studied at in your home country and work certificate.
- Proof of reservation of accommodation.
- Flight tickets.
- Travel insurance:
- International insurance coverage for health/accident and repatriation due to accident or sudden illness with a minimum coverage of 30.000€ (50.000$) with no deductible. The insurance has to be valid during the entire period you are planning to stay in Spain. Legal defense may also be required in some case.
- Proof of financial means: Have sufficient economic means to cover the expenses of stay and return to their country and, if applicable, for family members as well. Proof of financial means is based on the following amounts:
- For monthly spending: 100% of the IPREM, which amounts to 532.51 euros, unless it is duly accredited to have pre-paid the accommodation for as long as the stay lasts.
- For the expenses of their families: 75% of the IPREM for the first relative (399.38 euros) and 50% of the IPREM for each of the remaining relatives (266.26 euros), unless it is duly accredited to have pre-paid the accommodation for as long as the stay lasts.
- In the case of underage students who are not accompanied by their parents or guardians, authorization of stay with need to be given, with proof of the center, organisation, entity and body responsible for the activity and the period of expected stay.
- Have been admitted to an educational institution authorised in Spain, to carry out a full-time program, with the goal of obtaining a certificate of studies.
- If the length of the stay exceeds six months, the application will require:
- Regarding age: that the applicant have no criminal record in Spain or in their previous countries of residence during the last five years for crimes existing in Spanish law. This certificate has to be legalised with the Apostille Certification (Apostille of the Hague Convention) and translated into Spanish. This may take up to 4 weeks to obtain.
- The Certificate of the absence of Police Records must be obtained either at the local or national police station. Please check detailed requirements with your Consulate.
- Health Record: The applicant does not suffer from any of the diseases that may have serious public health implications in accordance with the provisions of the 2005 International Health Regulations. Doctor’s statement from a doctor or medical centre must contain a letterhead with doctor’s signature, indicating that the student has been examined and found in good physical and mental health in order travel to study abroad and is free of contagious diseases. This certificate is valid for 3 months from the issue date. Translation into Spanish may be required.
*Native Language College strongly recommends checking detailed requirements with your own Embassy or Consulate to make absolutely sure what documents you will be required.