What is SIELE?
- SIELE is an abbreviation for Servicio Internacional de Evaluación de la Lengua Española which certifies the proficiency of the Spanish language for students and professionals.
- SIELE was created and developed by the Instituto Cervantes of Madrid, the Universidad Autónoma de México, the Universidad de Salamanca and the Universidad de Buenos Aires. These institutions have guaranteed the quality standards in the creations of the exams, as well as the diversity of linguistic varieties in the Spanish speaking world.
- SIELE measures the degree of proficiency through a four-part test: reading comprehension, listening comprehension, written expression and interaction, and spoken expression and interaction. The exam measures language proficiency using the levels established by the Common European Framework of reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Much like the world famous TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) candidates receive a score between 0 and 1,000 points, and unlike DELE (Spanish as a foreign language diploma), the SIELE exam is not a pass/fail exam. Candidates’ language proficiency will be assessed based on their overall score and will receive a certificate for the corresponding level of language (A1-C2).
Why is SIELE for you?
- Digital: The steps are carried out electronically
- Agil: You will receive your results within 3 weeks
- Adaptable: Different modes of examination
- Homogeneous: Different linguistic variables of Spanish
- Flexible: No dates are set, you choose the day, time, place and type of exam
* Native Language College is an officially accredited SIELE exam center.